Precaution for Removing 12V Battery
1. Check that EVSE is not connected.
If EVSE is connected, the air conditioning system may be automatically activated by the timer A/C func-
2. Turn the power switch OFF
→ ON → OFF. Get out of the vehicle. Close all doors (including back door).
3. Check that the charge status indicator lamp does not blink and wait for 5 minutes or more.
If the battery is removed within 5 minutes after the power switch is turned OFF, plural DTCs may be
4. Remove 12V battery within 1 hour after turning the power switch OFF
→ ON → OFF.
• The 12V battery automatic charge control may start automatically even when the power switch is in
• Once the power switch is turned ON
→ OFF, the 12V battery automatic charge control does not start for
approximately 1 hour.
• After all doors (including back door) are closed, if a door (including back door) is opened before
battery terminals are disconnected, start over from Step 1.
• After turning the power switch OFF, if “Remote A/C” is activated by user operation, stop the air
conditioner and start over from Step 1